MCYPAA Advisory Council will host a “How to Bid Session” after the main speaker.
- This is an open meeting for the purpose of asking questions about the bidding process.
- Bid Committees are expected to be in attendance.
- Individuals and groups interested in putting in a token bid (participating as a bid committee the following year) will also be there.
- Bid Committees will turn in their bid packets to the Advisory Council. It is a good idea to have a copy for each advisory member and several for the bid committee.
- Bid Sessions are open meetings and all convention attendees are invited to watch.
- Traditionally, Bid Committees present a theatrical skit…humor is appreciated.
- Each Bid Committee will present their bid to the Advisory Council, this may include:
- Hotel Info
- Success of events
- Outreach techniques
- Service involvement
- Strengths/trials of committee
- Advisory Council will ask specific questions of committee.
- Following the main speaker, Advisory Council will introduce Bid Committees and announce the new Host committee.
- Afterward, each committee meets individually with Advisory to go over strengths and areas of improvement.
- The new Host Committee is expected to immediately begin selling registrations. Come prepared.